Article List   

Toronto Real Estate Market Watch

  • 2021 September TRREB Market Watch


    9 月标志着大多伦多地区 (GTA) 从较慢的夏季市场过渡到较为繁忙的秋季市场。每年,我们通常都会看到劳动节之后的销售额、平均售价和挂牌量都会上升,2021 年 9 月也不例外。与 8 月相比,销售额有所增加,并且也是 9 月有记录以来的第三高。平均销售价格环比和同比均上涨。GTA REALTORS® 在 2021 年 9 月通过 TRREB 的 MLS® 系统报告了 9,046 笔销售额——与 8 月以来的常规季节性趋势一致。与去年相比,市场状况明显收紧,销售代表的挂牌份额大幅增加,而全面的新挂牌数量明显减少。公寓市场的复苏是导致挂牌出售份额增加的一个因素。与 2020 年创纪录的 9 月结果相比,总销售量下降了 18%,这在很大程度上是由于新上市的数量减少了,比去年同期下降了 34%。“整个 9 月的需求都非常强劲,许多合格的买家如果能找到合适的房产,他们明天就会买房。与去年相比,9 月份的新房源减少了三分之一,对于许多人来说,买房说起来容易做起来难。住房供应和选择的缺乏已经到了一个关键时刻。人为抑制需求的创可贴政策并未奏效。这不是一个级别的政府可以解决的问题。 TRREB 总裁凯文·克里格 (Kevin Crigger) 表示,需要联邦、省和地方就解决方案进行合作。2021 年 9 月,MLS® 房屋价格指数综合基准同比上涨 19.1%。所有房屋类型的平均售价合计同比上涨 18.3%,至 1,136,280 美元。 “9月份的价格增长继续受到低层细分市场的推动,包括独立式和半独立式住宅和联排别墅。然而,公寓的买家之间的竞争在过去一年中明显加剧,随着首次购房者重新进入所有权市场,这导致过去几个月价格上涨加速。期待这种趋势继续下去,”TRREB 首席市场分析师 Jason Mercer 说。


  • 2021年5月大多伦多房产市场走势

    Residential transactions reported through TRREB’s MLS® System remained high in May 2021, but fell short of the 2016 record and were below this year’s March peak. Despite a slight ebb in sales over the last two months, market conditions remained tight enough to push the average selling price to an all-time record in May.

    Greater Toronto Area REALTORS® reported 11,951 sales in May 2021 – more than double the result from May 2020, the second full month of the pandemic. May 2021 sales were below the May 2016 record of 12,789 but remained well above the average May sales of 10,336 for the 2010 through 2019 period. Often, May is the strongest sales month in any given year; however, 2021 results bucked this trend, with May sales below the 15,646 deals reported in March.

    “There has been strong demand for ownership housing in all parts of the GTA for both ground-oriented home types and condominium apartments. This was fueled by confidence in economic recovery and low borrowing costs. However, in the absence of a normal pace of population growth, we saw a pullback in sales over the past two months relative to the March peak,” said TRREB President Lisa Patel.

    The MLS® Home Price Index Composite Benchmark was up by close to 19 per cent year-over-year in May 2021. The average selling price across all home types was up by 28.4 per cent year-over-year, reaching a record $1,108,453. On a seasonally adjusted basis, the average price increased by 1.1 per cent between April and May 2021.

    “While sales have trended off the March 2021 peak, so too have new listings. This means that people actively looking to purchase a home continue to face a lot of competition from other buyers, which results in very strong upward pressure on selling prices. This competition is becoming more widespread with tighter market conditions in the condominium apartment segment as well,” said TRREB Chief Market Analyst Jason Mercer. 


  • TREB Market Watch April 2021多伦多地产局2021年4月市场走势

    HomeLife New World Realty Market Watch April 2021

    TREB Market Watch April 2021_1


  • 2021年5月加拿大境内境外学签续签更新

    Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)


    Study Permit  - Applying Outside Canada

    A study permit is usually required if you wish to study in Canada. It is important to apply for this document before entering the country.

    How to apply

    To apply, please visit our website.

    Helpful tips

    • The Instruction Guide and the Document Checklist will provide you with all the information necessary to submit a complete application.
    • Depending on your length of study in Canada, you may be requested to undergo a medical examination.
    • Have your documents ready, as you may be asked to attend an interview or send further information during the processing of your application.

    Please visit our processing times page to find out how long it may take to process your application.

    Study permit application inside Canada - Study permit holder

    You hold a valid study permit, are inside Canada and wish to stay and continue your studies?

    To obtain the study permit:

    • Please visit our website to apply,
      • we recommend reading the instruction guide first, it will help submit a complete application.

    What’s next?

    • To find out how long it may take to process your application, please visit the processing times page.
    • You can continue with your studies until IRCC makes a decision on your application.

    Something that might interest you: 

    Maintained status - Temporary resident

    As a temporary resident, it is important to apply to extend your stay in Canada, if necessary, before it expires. Following submission of the application, you are considered to have maintained status, previously known as “implied status”.

    • If you apply to extend your stay before the expiry date of your current status:
      • you will be considered in status as a temporary resident until a decision is made on your application.
    • If you apply to extend your work or study permit before the expiry date of your current permit, and it expires before a decision is made:
      • you can continue working or studying under the same conditions as your existing permit, as long as you remain in Canada.

    Leaving and re-entering Canada while under maintained status and authorization to work or study:

    You may be authorized to re-enter Canada:

    • As a temporary resident, if your application to extend your stay has not yet been approved (if applicable, you must wait* until you receive your new permit before you start to work/study):
      • this applies to you if, among other things:
        • you are temporary resident visa (TRV) exempt,
        • you hold a valid multiple-entry visa, or
        • you have travelled only to the United States (excluding cruises entering international waters) and/or St.Pierre and Miquelon,
    • As a worker or student:
      • if the officer determines that your application to extend your permit was approved while you were outside Canada, or
      • if you are eligible to apply for a new work or study permit at your arrival in Canada.

    An officer will ask you questions to see if you meet all of the requirements before allowing you to come back to Canada.

    *If you applied for a post-graduation work permit (PGWP), you may work in Canada while waiting for a decision on your post-graduation work permit application.

    Proof of maintained status: 

    It is recommended that you provide these documents to prove that you have maintained status:

    • Your expired immigration document,
    • (If the application was submitted by paper) A copy of the application to extend your stay sent to the Case Processing Centre before the expiration date of your status,
    • (If the application was submitted online) A copy of the Confirmation of Online Application Transmission message in your online account,
    • A copy of the fee payment receipt included with the application, and
    • (If applicable) A delivery confirmation from the postal service provider used to send the application.

    If you submitted a second extension application and:

    Your first application was approved after the receipt of your second application

    • The validity period of your newly issued document and any authorizations will apply while we continue to process your second application.

    Your first application was refused or rejected after the receipt of your second application


    Your original status was still valid when your second application was received

    • You are on maintained status until a decision is made on your second application, and
    • You can continue working and/or studying under the same conditions as your existing permit, as long as you remain in Canada.

    Your first application was refused after the receipt of your second application


    Your original status was expired when your second application was received

    • You are on maintained status until a decision is made on your second application as long as your first application was submitted prior to the expiry of your existing status,
    • However, you are no longer authorized to work and/or study without a permit from the date the first application was refused.

    Your first application was rejected after the receipt of your second application


    Your original status was expired when your second application was received

    • Since it was rejected, the first application is considered to have never been received,
    • You will be considered to have status only until your original status expires,
    • You do not have maintained status, and
    • You do not have authorization to continue working or studying.

    Coronavirus - Travel restrictions - Exemption for students 

    The Government of Canada is closely monitoring COVID-19 and its impact on IRCC clients.

    Processes are being introduced to provide for the entry of international students. This change to travel restrictions affects all international students, regardless of where they are travelling from or when their study permit was approved.

    Starting October 20, 2020, international students may travel to Canada, if they are: 

    • In possession of a valid study permit or letter of introduction, and
    • Attending a designated learning institution (DLI) with a COVID-19 readiness plan approved by the province or territory.

    The list of DLIs that have COVID-19 readiness plans approved will be updated regularly and is available on our website.

    If your DLI does not have an approved COVID-19 readiness plan, you will not be able to travel to Canada for now.

    Travellers should not make any travel plans until they have met all requirements and received all necessary authorizations. Like all travellers to Canada, international students and accompanying family members will be subject to all public health measures.

    We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

    We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you: